Emojis have come an extended way from the smiley face. Enter: Memojis! Memojis are customizable cartoons obtainable with Apple’s latest iOS update. The newest iPhone features, and across the board, one among the useful new features is that the Memoji, an avatar that appears a bit like you. That’s right – you’re not limited to aliens and unicorns. You’re now an emoji!
What is Memoji?
A Memoji may be a new sort of Animoji which will be customized to seem a bit like you. And yes, it’s as fun and silly because it sounds. Like an Animoji, it uses Apple’s facial tracking technology, but rather than being a unicorn or a robot, you’ll make it look a bit like you.
Everything a few Memoji is fully customizable. You’ll personalize everything right down to the littlest detail, from your hair color to freckles. You’ll even have fun with it. You’ll try a unique look or maybe make it appear as if your favorite celebrity.
Desire to look a little younger? There is an option to specify age as well. Beyond physical traits, there is a vast selection of earrings, headpieces, hats, & eyewear.
The exciting part is that you make all the changes in real-time, so if you do not love how your Memoji is turning out, you can make changes on the spot. Flexibility is the name of the game. Did we mention Memojis also moves? Welcome to the future.
How is a Memoji made?
iPhone X & newer models have front-facing cameras that sense depth, capturing your facial movements, and doing what we will merely describe as magic. That’s right. It animates the emoji to seem precise; you supported your choices of features that best represent you. Want to be somebody else instead? You’ll create your Memoji to look like anything you would like.
Can you create a Memoji on iPhone 7/8/X?
Unluckily, this cool new feature is only available if you have iPhone models with the TrueDepth camera system. It means the models that can make a Memoji are iPhone X, XS, XS Max, and XR. You will still be able to get Memojis through video, but you will not be able to create your own.
How to create your Memoji in iOS 12
- Begin by opening a new or existing message.
- Click the App icon, then click the Animoji icon
- Swipe right until you see New Memoji
- Click the plus sign to start your new design.
How to edit & customize your Memoji
- Tap through each section to explore various skin tones, hairstyles, & facial features.
- Moreover, scroll to the bottom of each section to add options such as freckles, earrings, eyelashes, and beards. You can personalize more with eyewear or a hat.
- To adjust color, choose an option, & drag the slider from left to right. You can click the color wheel for even more varieties.
- When you are finished, click Done. Afterward, your Memoji will be added to your collection of Animojis.
With a new and refreshing feature, we had to test it out and make our own. I’m especially impressed with how realistically it picked up on facial expressions. And yes, we had ample fun testing out the different personalization options.
How to use and share your Memoji on social media
Now the fun begins! You have built your own Memoji, and you can start using it in messages.
Additionally, your Memojis are saved to your Animoji list, meaning that you choose, record, and send them the same way you would an Animoji. You can also share these with Android-users; it will just send as a video file instead of a Memoji.
The other fun fact is that you can create several Memoji and have them all saved at once, so you are not just limited to one style for yourself.
Here are some examples of how you can share your Memoji:
- Record 30-second videos of your Memoji talking or singing & send it in a chat (similar to Animoji).
- Replace your head with a Memoji head for an image or video with the new Messages camera feature.
- Send your Memoji as stickers if you wish to send a photoreaction but not a full video.
Now, get creative!
How to delete a Memoji
Follow these instructions to delete a Memoji on your iPhone
- Open Messages & click on one of your conversations
- Click on the Animoji button at the bottom of the screen
- Select your Memoji
- Click the three dots (…) button in the left corner
- Click “Remove” to delete your Memoji
Want more tips to assist you in getting the most out of iOS 12? we will help you learn, grow, and do more with your technology!